Friday, June 10, 2011

Only In Alaska !!!

Only In Alaska !!


After we have gotten our water I decided to wash clothes. Pat got the washer ready, I load it up with clothes and turn it on! Fills up with water and …….What the agitator doesn’t work. We drain all the water out and take the clothes out. I take them to some friends place, and finish washing them. Thank you so much Dolores and JR. Pat decides that he can fix the washer. We get it out on the porch and he takes it apart. He does fix the agitator and it works! Yahoo! But now it leaks on the bottom. I told him, just leave it on the porch and we can deal with it later. So, that is where the new home for the washing machine is. Along side the refrigerator, freezer and smoker!






Hey, does anybody have a screen door like this one? Our friends, Bruce and Pam told us about the Alaska screen door, just cut a piece of screen and screw it to the top of the door. It works real good and you can just walk through it easily. But we have a handle on ours!



Just to be safe, I have my clothes hanging on the porch under cover, never know when the rain will arrive here in Southeast Alaska.


This is our first puzzle that we have finished. This is a very relaxing pastime in the evenings and well most all day!

Now, here I am cutting some wood for next year. I know that I am a fashion statement in this photo. Oh, well have to get the job done!



Oh, Did I tell you how we get our water? If comes direct from an Army Duce-N-A-Half…….. speed ~ slightly faster than a walk. Loud ~ you can hear it coming for miles.  But it does the job. This also doubles as the Whale Pass Fire Truck.


This is just some of the things that “Only happen in Alaska.”


Be sure to stay tuned to more blogs, things are never boring here at Coho Chalet Alaska Adventures!

<"///><<<

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Nice picture with the chainsaw, except that was to be our job in July, what happened to that promise? I am bringing the boys and they will need something to do besides fishing. Find some yellow cedar and keep it for them.
Blessings